Henry

Trisha,

INT is the whole number part of the answer (without decimals)

So, 123/100 = 1.23 but INT(123/100) = 1

As you wanted numbers *greater* than 100 to = 1 and 100/100 =1, I subtracted
1 from the value of G9 to make that work
(100 - 1)/100 = 0.99
INT (0.99) = 0

If you want 0 to 99 = 0, 100 to 199 = 1 and 200 to 299 =2 etc. then take out
the -1
If you still want 100 to give you 0 and 0 to give you a zero answer then

=IF(G9 = 0,0,INT((G9-1)/100))
should do you.
Translation:
If G9=0 THEN put in 0, ELSE put in the calculated number.

Henry

"Trisha V via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message

OH my goodness, that's actually working...i do have a couple of questions
though. What is INT? and what does it stand for? and how come on the value
with $0 I get a negative number instead of 0?

Henry wrote:
Tricia,

How about
=INT((G9-1)/100)

Henry

Im working on a formula that looks somewhat like this:

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?