Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
smplogc smplogc is offline

Default Userform for time entry: multiple controls/single value?

This is an awesome site.

I just started using Excel. I would like to be able to have the time
entered simply in a column with a userform that has a combobox for the
hour, a combobox for the minutes, and two option buttons for AM/PM.

I made the userform with the controls laid out, and attached lists to
the two comboboxes using a range of cells in a new sheet (1-12 for
hours, 00-59 for minutes), but now I'm having trouble finding an
example to work off of for a way to "link" the controls together so
that they combine to produce a single value, as with how the calender
control works. And, of course, I need code to make it work!

The question might make no sense at all, but I know nothing of VBA as
of yet.

I would like to keep the code within the workbook rather than placing
it externally.

If anyone knows of any examples I can use, or has some tips for me,
I'll finallly be able to close my eyes and stop these hallucinations.
Thanks!

I've attached a small image of my prototype time-input!

|Filename: example.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4702 |

smplogc
smplogc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33887