Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ordoff73 ordoff73 is offline

Default Get info from Powerpoint 2003

I am attempting to create a history log from PowerPoint 2003 to Excel
2003 using VBA.

Currently there are Daily Slides that are breifed to the boss. There
is a tedious process of manually copying the information from the
Powerpoint slides to an Excel Document, each colum for each day, for a
monthly history rollup report. The data in powerpoint is in an Excel
Chart, however when attempting to record a macro starting in excel or
powerpoint as a starting point, VBA will not open or close any
documents that is outside of the program that I am using, I am not an
expert, but I am also not a novice, but I am perplexed.

Essentially the end result would be once the powerpoint slides have
been updated to run a macro that copies only the necessary data, opens
the history rollup excel file, copies the data into the next
corresponding column, dates the top row, and then closes the excel
document.

I know this is probably more complicated than it sounds, however I have
been unsuccessful in even getting it started, because it seems as though
the two programs will not speak to each other.

Thank you in advance for any insight and ideas that you all may offer.

--
ordoff73
ordoff73's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22709