Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ewan7279 ewan7279 is offline

Default Display alerts

Thanks Tom.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

It wouldn't make any difference if it did run. the prompt occurs before any
macros are run.

If you have excel 2002 or later, go into the Edit=Links and click the
button on the lower left of the dialog. If you/your users are in xl2000 or
earier, you can't control the prompt.

Might be better to copy the data to a workbook that is not linked and
distribute that. Then retrieve the data from the returned workbook.

Tom Ogilvy

"ewan7279" wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that is sent to users, but contains links to files on
my personal system. I want the user to open the file, enter relevant data
and return it to me. However, I don't want the user to see the 'Update
links?' alert when they open the file.

I know the application.displayalerts = false can be used in a macro, but how
can I get the macro to run when the file is opened?

Thanks,

Ewan.