Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default Display alerts

Open the file that contains the links, click EDIT in the menu and select
LINKS. In the LINKS dialog box, click the START UP PROMPT command button and
select either DON'T DISPLAY ALERT AND DON'T UPDATE LINKS or DON'T DISPLAY
ALERTS AND UPDATE LINKS.

--
Kevin Backmann

"ewan7279" wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that is sent to users, but contains links to files on
my personal system. I want the user to open the file, enter relevant data
and return it to me. However, I don't want the user to see the 'Update
links?' alert when they open the file.

I know the application.displayalerts = false can be used in a macro, but how
can I get the macro to run when the file is opened?

Thanks,

Ewan.