CLR

ASAP Utilities, a free Add-in, available at www.asap-utilities.com has a
feature that does this nicely.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Ltat42a" wrote in
message ...

We have a personnel roster that is kept in a database. Occasionally,
this roster is exported into Excel and sent out to members of the
department. In one column are dates that each person was employed. When
I try to sort the entire roster, it doesn't come up right because most
of the cells that contain the date have spaces in front of it.
Sometimes it's 1 or 2, sometime more, other times there are no spaces.

In order for me to sort the entire roster correctly, I'm having to
manually remove the spaces in front of the date, then sort the roster
according to date.
There are over 500 entries in this roster, is there a better way to
remove the spaces other than manually?

Thanx...

--
Ltat42a