Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vic Eldridge[_3_] Vic Eldridge[_3_] is offline

Default Please help this teacher out

Also if someone could explain to me how to increment cells in a row,
that would be VERY helpful. I need to move from cell A1 to B1 and so
on.

There are many ways to acheive this. Here are some examples of commonly
used techniques. The last example (although the easiest for a newby to
visualise) is the least desirable, as the Select method is very slow and
often leads to unwanted side effects.

Regards,
Vic Eldridge

'-----------------------------------------------------------
Dim cel As Range
For Each cel In ActiveSheet.Rows(1).Cells
MsgBox cel.Address
Next cel
'-----------------------------------------------------------
Dim cel As Range
For Each cel In ActiveSheet.Range("A1:IV1")
MsgBox cel.Address
Next cel
'-----------------------------------------------------------
Dim Col As Range
For Each Col In ActiveSheet.Columns
MsgBox Col.Cells(1).Address
Next Col
'-----------------------------------------------------------
Dim i As Integer
For i = 0 To 255
MsgBox ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Offset(0, i).Address
Next i
'-----------------------------------------------------------
Dim i As Integer
For i = 1 To 256
MsgBox ActiveSheet.Cells(1, i).Address
Next i
'-----------------------------------------------------------
Range("A1").Select
Do
MsgBox ActiveCell.Address
If ActiveCell.Column = 256 Then Exit Do
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
Loop
'-----------------------------------------------------------

"NoProgram" wrote:

I already asked this, but perhaps I didn't ask it correctly. I'm a
teacher and I have very little programming experience. I'm trying to
create a macro in excel that will take data that I will import, check
it, and then check off a checkbox if it exists.

Basically all I need to know is the command line for actually ticking
off (or checking the checkbox). Such as : Activesheet.checkbox1. ??

Also if someone could explain to me how to increment cells in a row,
that would be VERY helpful. I need to move from cell A1 to B1 and so
on. So I just need an example of how to increment these cell numbers.

Thanks to anyone who can assist.

--
NoProgram
NoProgram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33832