Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default Unable to Copy Add-in To Library Error

Is it possible that not all users have write access to the Library directory?

Tim

"John Hutcins" wrote in message ...
Hello,
I have a Workbooks_Open macro that uses this code to look for a specific add
in.

Dim AddCount, AddNo As Integer
Dim vPath As String
AddCount = Application.AddIns.Count
If AddCount 0 Then
For AddNo = 1 To AddCount
If AddIns(AddNo).Name = "ERAC_TranslateAddIn.xla" Then
vPath = AddIns(AddNo).Path
Dim ChkFile$
ChkFile$ = Dir(vPath & "\ERAC_TranslateAddIn.xla")
If ChkFile = "ERAC_TranslateAddIn.xla" Then
AddIns("Erac_Translateaddin").Installed = True
Else
vPath = ""
Next AddNo
End If

If it is not found it uses this to add the add in.

AddIns.Add Filename:= _
"\\fscorp00\Corp_Public\Groups\Corporate
Accounting\AutoMonarch\Excel_Add_Ins\ERAC_Translat eAddIn.xla"

Some users get a run time error "Unable to copy add-in to library". Any idea
why that happens or what I can do about it? Is there anything special about
copying add ins?
Thanks,
John