barrfly

This shows each unique record only once. If a row has an occurence of
the same value 1, 2, 5 or 300 times, the resulting list will only show
each unique value only once. If it is not working for you, it could be
one of two things that I can think of off the top of my head.

1. is that the values are number values and are rounded to look the
same, but have different decimal tailing decimal values.

2. the values you are sorting are formulas and not "hard-coded" values.
The advanced filter looks at the cell contents (ie. hard coded values
or formulas) and determines uniqueness accordingly.

What type of information are you sorting? numbers, names? could there
be non-visible trailing spaces that you can not see?

--
barrfly

Excel User - Energy markets
barrfly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4141