Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fleone Fleone is offline

Default Random Name Generation

Hi everyone. I am trying to figure out a way to make a spreadsheet version of
pulling a name out of a hat.
I have a list of names, let's say Adam, Bob, and Charlie.
Adam has one slip of paper with his name on it, Bob has two, and Charlie has
three.
Adam 1
Bob 2
Charlie 3
I want to be able to maybe select a command button, or hit F9 to refresh the
page and have a random selection from the list appear based on the number of
entries that each person has. If my thinking is correct Charlie would be more
likely to have his name drawn than either Adam or Bob although the drawing
itself is random.
Thanks a bunch for any help.