Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cereldine[_20_] cereldine[_20_] is offline

Default improvements in telling loop to stop

Hi, i have designed a loop statement that looks to a external workbook
to retrieve data. This workbook(wb2) contains sheets named after years
from 1992 to 2003. Each Worksheet contains information for about 120
different catergories. Within my original workbook(wb1) 15 or so of the
catergories have there own worksheet, my code will then open up wb2 and
the first sheet (1992) and return the data series for the particular
catergory, it then moves on to next year (1993) and so on. At the
moment i'm telling it exactly how to stop e.g loop until iCell =
"2004"

I would like to improve this to say something along the lines of if
worksheet(myVariable called sYear) is nothing then exit the loop. I've
been experimenting with

Do ' start loop
sYear = Ocell.Text ' this value will change on
each loop
wb2.Activate
Set wsI = Worksheets(sYear) ''year to search
for
wsI.Activate ' make the intermediate sheet
active
Range("A3").Select
wsI.Cells.Find(sIO).Select '

Set Ocell = Ocell.Offset(0, 1) ' go to next row
in series
Loop Until wsI Is Nothing

Unfortunatly this effort only makes it as far as the line in red e.g it
will loop until sYear = 2005 and then stops as no worksheet is called
2005 thus producing error and breaking the loop anyway.
Can anyone see an easy approach around what i'm trying to do? thanks

--
cereldine
cereldine's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32069