Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas[_2_] Gary Keramidas[_2_] is offline

Default trying to insert a formula

i set the variables because i didn't know what yours were

With ActiveSheet
lPrevSumRow = 1
lNextRow = 15
.Cells(lNextRow, "H") = "Totals"
.Cells(lNextRow, "I").Formula = "=Sum(i" & lPrevSumRow & ":" &
"i" _
& lNextRow - 1 & ")"
End With
--

Gary

"davegb" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm trying to put a formula in a cell that sums from the row
immediately above to a row whose number I saved previously as a
variable (lPrevSumRow):

With ActiveSheet
.Cells(lNextRow, "H") = "Totals"
.Cells(lNextRow, "I").Formula = "=Sum(.Cells(lNextRow - 1,
9).Cells(lPrevSumRow, 9))"

End With

I have figured out the putting the formula in quotes isn't working
because I'm getting an error on the Sum function. XL isn't recognizing
the (.cells(lNextRow....) while it's in quotes. Is there anyway to
insert the formula with the range to be summed as a variable rather
than actual cell addresses?

Thanks!