Peter T

Hi Janwillem,

With the help of your answers on my question of July 30 and some digging
in excel4 I succeeded in making the inside of the plot area exactly a
square with predefined dimensions.

I'll be interested to see. Not straightforward, charts have something of a
free spirit about them.

I made a function that finds the dimensions of a rectangle that encloses
all elements in the plot including title, axes-titles and text boxes.

So you are saying there's nothing between the plot-area and the outside of
the chart. The plot area of course has two parts to it, the graph area and
an area outside for axis lables etc. Though I'm sure you're very well aware
of that.

Now I want the chart area to fit tightly around all the actual plot
elements. But I do not succeed in resizing the chart area without
resizing the plot.

Could you size the chart area as required first, then size the plot area to
slightly less than the chart area. Actually that would mean sizing the
chartobject slightly larger than required, even if it doesn't have a border.

Is there some (hidden) feature that switches off autoresizing like there
is one for the font?

AFAIK - no, though I'd be happy to learn otherwise. There is autoscaling for
3D chart types but I don't think that will help you.

Regards,
Peter T