Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Condron Paul Condron is offline

Default link a cell in the 'Master' worksheet list to a 'Detail' works

Chip,

Thanks. I followed this exactly - I think but it still tells me I have an
error. The particular worksheet I tried it on is labelled - Accel_Lifts -
and so I got:

=INDIRECT("'"&Accel_Lifts&"'"!A1)

But it comes up as a syntax error!

Paul

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Paul,

The syntax is

=INDIRECT(double-quote single-quote double-quote & A2 &
double-quote single-quote double-quote ! A1 )

"Paul Condron" wrote in
message
Bob,

Many thanks but I can't get this to work. I have played around
with the " '
and ( ) but I can't seem to get the logic right. I also tried
to insert a ,
before A1 but that didn't seem to help either. I'm probably
doing something
stupid!
Regards
Paul

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=INDIRECT("'"&A2&"'!A1)

where A2 holds the sheet name

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Paul Condron" wrote
in message
I have a 'Master' worksheet containing a list of the other
worksheets in
this
workbook. The list will be added to regularly. I want to
create a macro
that
when run will take the worksheet name that is highlighted in
the 'master'
list and GoTo cell A1 on the related 'Detail' sheet.
Any help would be much appreciated.