Janwillem van Dijk

Default Resize chart area without resizing plot area

Hi,
With the help of your answers on my question of July 30 and some digging
in excel4 I succeeded in making the inside of the plot area exactly a
square with predefined dimensions.

I made a function that finds the dimensions of a rectangle that encloses
all elements in the plot including title, axes-titles and text boxes.

Now I want the chart area to fit tightly around all the actual plot
elements. But I do not succeed in resizing the chart area without
resizing the plot.

Is there some (hidden) feature that switches off autoresizing like there
is one for the font?

When I have a solution I will publish the final results of my endeavours
on this newsgroup of course.

Tanks,
Janwillem