Bernie Deitrick

KH,

Try the macro below on a copy of your workbook.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Sub ReplaceNameReferences()
Dim myName As Name
Dim mysht As Worksheet
For Each myName In ActiveWorkbook.Names
For Each mysht In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
mysht.Cells.Replace myName.Name, _
Replace(myName.RefersTo, "=", ""), xlPart
Next mysht
myName.Delete
Next myName
End Sub

"KH" wrote in message
I have a workbook using extensive range names. We are using a wonderful
program to publish this document to a dashboard, but it does not handle range
names well. The file takes a long time to refresh and open when using range
names. We have proven that we can increase the refresh time by more than 10x
if we use cell references versus range names. Does anybody know of an easy
way to change range names back to the cell references . . . ?