Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I use a formula that finds the smallest number that occurs twice in a column?

=MIN(IF(COUNTIF(A1:A20,A1:A20)=2,A1:A20))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

To change the number of occurrence, change the =2 value.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"JasonK" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with a lengthy list of numbers. I need to find
the smallest number that occurs twice. I also need to find the
smallest number that occurs three times, etc. Is there a way to do
this with a formula?

I don't mind running a macro to do this, but I would need help with
that as well. Placing the answer in a msgbox is fine with me.

thanks in advance.
jasonk