Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
davegb davegb is offline

Default Protected spreadsheet, but need to add rows

Ron de Bruin wrote:
Hi renegan

Excel 2002 is the first version with this option

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Thanks to both of you. I didn't know the newer versions had this
option. But I'm using XL2000 anyway.

"renegan" wrote in message

If you have Excel 2003, you can leave a row unlocked wherever you want
and tell them to highlight the row below that one and click insert.
That way they can enter their data and rest of the worksheet is safe.
When you protect just select "Select locked cells", "Select unlocked
cells", "Insert Rows". I don't think excel has this function in earlier
versions.

--
renegan
renegan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10450