Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JCanyoneer JCanyoneer is offline

Default check mutiple files with wildcard name and tally to differnt xls f

I have close to 500 files that that I would like to search. First I would
like to find all the files that have "2006" in the file name. Then, open each
file, check cell E5 on sheet 1 of that file for a true or false value. If the
vakue is true, I want to increase the value of cell B1 (on the .xls sheet
that the macro ran from, not the found file) by one. When the macro is
complete, I would like cell B1 to show a total of all E% True values for all
..xls files with 2006 in the filename. I also want this sheet to be the only
one still open (all *2006*.xls files closed).

Thank you in advance for any help here.