Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lucas Swanson Lucas Swanson is offline

Default Open a file do a macro ( made) and open next succesive file

Sorry, I did not have time to post a full reply.

If you want to open a file with a given filename the following code should
do it for you:

Workbooks.Open "FileName"

where "FileName" is the name of whatever file you want to open.

"David" wrote:

No kiddin Sherlock!
You must be a democrat...pointing out the negative with no solution.

"Lucas Swanson" wrote:

That is not the way GetOpenFilename works. GetOpenFilename launches a dialog
box asking the user to select which files should be opened.

"David" wrote:

Do you know anyway when using the Application.GetOpenFilename function to use
a specific filename that is a defined string?
Example: SName is BP-Sarasota.xls
Tried fname=Application.GetOpenFilename(SName) but no joy.
Any ideas?

David

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Here's the general idea:

Sub OpenUserSelectedFiles()
Dim i As Integer
Dim filearray As Variant

filearray = Application.GetOpenFilename( _
Title:="Select the files to process", MultiSelect:=True)
If IsArray(filearray) Then
For i = LBound(filearray) To UBound(filearray)
Workbooks.Open filearray(i)
'Call your macro here
ActiveWorkbook.Close False
Next i
Else:
MsgBox "You clicked cancel"

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"SVTman74" wrote in message
Open a file do a macro ( made) and open next succesive file

File name yyyy-mm-ddxxxx.csv <--- the date is the creation date.
can I have excel run the macro to auto matically open first file in dir run
its parse and save ( this is done) THEN open the next file and continue?