Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Auto Update Range of a Pivot Table

Take a look at defining a range name that grows and contracts based on your
data.

See Debra Dalgeish's site for some nice tips:
http://contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

TJDeborah wrote:

I have created a simple data base and pivot table / report. I would
like the pivot table to automatically update to a new range (if data
has been added to the next available row of course) in addition to
updating existing data. Can anyone help with this. I have used this
to auto update the existing data when the sheet is activated.

Option Explicit

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()

ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotCache. Refresh

End Sub

Works great. Thanks

Terri

--