Joyce

Default Strange Results with Autofilter

Can you tell how much over 1000 you are?

"Alan" wrote:

Autofilter has a limit of 1000 unique items, that's it. You need perhaps to
introduce some extra columns to enter some sub categories perhaps and filter
by those,
Regards,
"Peter Bernadyne" wrote in
message ...

Hello,

This is a weird one that's never happened to me before.

I am using autofilter on what is a fairly substantial worksheet. For
whatever reason, when I filter on one of the elements in a column
(which should return well over 8,000 rows) I instead keep getting much
smaller numbers (like 62 or 68 or something). There are no breaks in
the column (everything is contiguous) and, as far as I can tell, the
elements appear in the autofilter drop-down list just fine.

The only thing I can think of is that I'm having some sort of memory
problem, given that I have a fairly substantial worksheet of 60,000
rows (columns:A-U).

Does anyone know why my autofilter would be failing me? Is there an
upper limit of memory/rows after which autofilter does not work?

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,

-Pete

--