Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John[_88_] John[_88_] is offline

Default How check if workbook open?

Ian,

Have a look at the links on from the post below:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...e4 46e41e7314

Best regards

John

"Ian Elliott" wrote in message
Thanks for any help.
I have a macro (Excel 2000) in a workbook that copies and pastes some tabs
into the workbook it opens. But sometimes the files that it opens are
already
open by another user. In that case, there is an error message and some
other
stuff can happen that messes up the program. I would like to stop this, is
there any properties or code that I can do to tell if a file is already
open?
I thought of using an On Error stuff, but is there another way?
Thanks again.