Regent

Default Numbered List with Blank Spaces, etc.

Hi all,
I'm making a soundpack config file for an online game, and I was
wondering if someone would show me how to create it with Excel. I have
absolutely no idea what I'm doing, so detail would be helpful. :)

I have a list of 1024 sound files from a print directory program,
e.g.:

1 4psycho4.wav
2 actnow.mp3
3 alad-alright.wav
4 alad-believe.mp3

(I can make it output the file list with or without numbers.) I need to
convert this list into this format:

1 sound "sound/misc/ta/4psycho4.wav"
1 text "^1^2"

2 sound "sound/misc/ta/actnow.mp3"
2 text "^1^2"

3 sound "sound/misc/ta/alad-alright.wav"
3 text "^1^2"

4 sound "sound/misc/ta/alad-madeyalook.mp3"
4 text "^1^2"

(Every entry is the same, except for the name and extension of the
sound file.)

Then I'll need to type the text in for each file to finish it:

1 sound "sound/misc/ta/4psycho4.wav"
1 text "^1You Psycho!^2"

The final result needs to be output to a notepad document for use in
the game.

An additional project from this Excel document:

I'll need to be able to extract a list of the "text" entries in the
Excel document, to produce a text file. So sound #1 would look like
this:

@1 You Psycho!^

(@1 is the keystroke that plays the sound in the game, and players
would like a list of the sounds to print out, without the non-essential
info and blank space.)

This project would probably take me a year to type by hand, so any help
would be greatly appreciated! :)

--
Regent
Regent's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25763