Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Stopping error messages from popping up - part 2

First, I wouldn't put any of my files in the C:\windows folder. That folder is
made for system stuff. And there's too much of a chance that I may "clean up"
too much when I clean up my stuff.

dim TestStr as string
dim myFileName as string

myfilename = "C:\windows\datasheet2006.xls"

teststr = ""
on error resume next
teststr = dir(myfilename)
on error goto 0

if teststr = "" then
msgbox "Not found"
else
msgbox "Found it"
end if

phil-rge-ee wrote:

Ok, I got another one. I click on a button and it runs this code:

Private Sub cmdEnterScores_Click()
ChDir "C:\WINDOWS"
Workbooks.Open FileName:="C:\WINDOWS\datasheet2006.xls"
(more non-important code here)

If the datasheet2006.xls does not exist I get a VB error telling me so and
the script halts. How do I code it so that if the datasheet.xls does not
exist I can pop up my own msgbox instead of the vb script error box?

Thanks,
Phil

--

Dave Peterson