This is so simple even *I* can answer it, though you may get many more answers. The
beauty of Excel is that are usually several ways to do things.

When you write in eg C1 that it is =A1+B1, all you need to do is copy (ctrl C) the
formulae down to the range you want, eg C2,C3,c4 so on. Excel automatically makes the
formulae relative, eg C5 becomes A5+B5.

lamontd7 wrote:

Hello, I am new to Excel and I need help with creating formulas. I am
trying to create a few formulas that will perform simple mathematical
operations on data contained in any given row of the spreadsheet. I
think I have figured out how to create a formula if I specify exactly
which cells I want to perform mathematical operations on (i.e.,
entering "=A2+B2" into cell C2), but what I really need is to create
universal formulas that, for any given row, will sum the values of
column A and column B of that same row (i.e, cell CX=AX+BX, where X
could be any single given row). For Row 5, for example, the formula
would be C5=A5+B5, ...