Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
IronDogg[_3_] IronDogg[_3_] is offline

Default Counting Unique Empty Cells of a Range

Newbie Wrote:
Assuming this is a rota, could you not fill in the blanks with 'O' fo
Off,
for example, then count the O's using And offset referenc
capabilities?

Yes, that is kinda what the above formula does already, except i
counts blanks instead of O's. I already use a formula: =COUNTIF(D5:FA5
"N") to count number of nights, etc. So with the "O's", it is not jus
the number of "O's", but rather the number of groups of JUST
concurrent "O's", nothing more. So in the end, wouldn't the formula b
very similiar to the one Tom provided? Or am I missing something there
regarding the offset reference capabilities?

Also, to do that way, I would prefer if the "O's" could be invisible t
the final printed product. Less "busy" that way, maybe... :

--
IronDog
IronDogg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3329