Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
newbie newbie is offline

Default Counting Unique Empty Cells of a Range

Assuming this is a rota, could you not fill in the blanks with 'O' for Off,
for example, then count the O's using And offset reference capabilities?

"IronDogg" wrote:

Hello all, I have a question regarding the count functions with excel. I
am wondering how to count sets of "unique" empty cells within a range?
Take the example below:

[image: http://doggpoundclan.com/images/excelexample01.jpg]

Within a row, I would like a count of how many instances of "2 empty
cells in a row", and how many instances of "3 empty cells in a row",
and how many instances of "4 empty cells in a row", etc, etc.

So in the first row, there are 2 instances of "2 empty cells in a row",
1 instance of "3 empty cells in a row", and 1 instance of "5 empty cells
in a row".

The second row has 3 instances of "2 empty cells in a row", and 2
instances of "3 empty cells in a row".

How would I go about counting all the sets of empty cells and defining
them in a table?

--
IronDogg
IronDogg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33291