Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
broro183[_70_] broro183[_70_] is offline

Default Setting column width if #### appears in column

hi,
Tom, I know you have answered the question that was asked & have set
your code solution to do header rows but is it necessary?

Why not just just use the following code?
Range("A:Z").EntireColumn.Autofit

My quick (single) test appeared to show that it doesn't upset cells
that have wrapped text and I'm sure it would be slightly quicker than
running a "for each" (I haven't yet checked out how to time my
macros).
The only downside I can see is that it may make some columns narrower
than they currently are - not a problem in itself, but may result in a
changed page layout for printing.

Just curious,
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

Tom Ogilvy Wrote:
for each cell in Range("A2:Z2")
if instr(1,cell.Text,"###",vbTextCompare) then
cell.EntireColumn.Autofit
end if
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"qwerty" wrote in message
If a column is not wide enough for the displayed number, it shows #

signs.
In VBA is there a way to detect which cells in which columns have

that ###
so I can use column autofit to set to the width needed?

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068