Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jeffery jeffery is offline

Default Excell and Population demographics

Thank Tom.

This did get me close. My inital population in 1990 was 194 in B2. In 2000
was 962 in C2. Need the percentage in D2. Putting in the formula you gave
me I got the answer, but it's in a negative percentage showing it decreased
instead of increased. How can I reflect it as an increase?
--
Jeffery

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

B1: 194
B2: 962
In C2 put in
=(B2-B1)/B1
and format the Cell as Per centage with no decimals.

then select C2 and drag fill down the sheet.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jeffery" wrote in message
I am trying to create a spread sheet showing population changes. For one

of
my lists I show a change in population from 194 in 1990 to 962 in 2000.

The
data source reports this is a 396% increase. How do I format the cells,

B2
to C2, to show this figure automatically as I have a whole list (B3 to C3,
etc) of different counties to figure.
--
Jeffery