Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Counting Unique Empty Cells of a Range

It isn't clear to me how you got your counts based on the picture you
referenced. So you would have to explain that. Atre cells counted more
than once and gray cells excluded?

do you want to do this with a macro or with worksheet formulas

Do you want counts by row or a sum over all rows.

Tom Ogilvy

"IronDogg" wrote in
message ...

Hello all, I have a question regarding the count functions with excel. I
am wondering how to count sets of "unique" empty cells within a range?
Take the example below:

[image: http://doggpoundclan.com/images/excelexample01.jpg]

Within a row, I would like a count of how many instances of "2 empty
cells in a row", and how many instances of "3 empty cells in a row",
and how many instances of "4 empty cells in a row", etc, etc.

So in the first row, there are 2 instances of "2 empty cells in a row",
1 instance of "3 empty cells in a row", and 1 instance of "5 empty cells
in a row".

The second row has 3 instances of "2 empty cells in a row", and 2
instances of "3 empty cells in a row".

How would I go about counting all the sets of empty cells and defining
them in a table?

--
IronDogg
IronDogg's Profile: