Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Help !, to find last 'text' date in text string

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 15:00:21 -0500, jay
wrote:

Ron,

You don't know how greatful I am for you intellectual help :-)

Yes, the Tools - Reference issue solved the problem and produced the
correct results, as verified in several cells of my SS with the same
type of data.

I hope that some day I might have something near the skill set that you
have, but from the complexity of your code, this will still be some time
off in the future... Thanks for being there !

Jay,,,,,real name Jerry

Jerry,

If you do a web search for "Regular Expressions" you will find all sorts of
useful information.

In addition, you can download and install Longre's free morefunc.xll add-in
from http://xcell05.free.fr

It has, among other things, a number of regular expression formulas. It would
be useful for learning. It was not appropriate for this problem because of a
string length limitation of 255 characters; but it is quite useful with shorter
text length processing.

Best wishes,
--ron