Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default retieving cd title and placing it into excel

Sub ShowDriveInfo(ByRef drvPath As String)
Dim fso As Object
Dim drv As Object
Dim s As String
Set drv = fso.GetDrive(fso.GetDriveName(drvPath))
s = "Drive " & UCase(drvPath) & " " & drv.VolumeName & " "
MsgBox s, vbInformation, " Drive Volume"
Set drv = Nothing
Set fso = Nothing
End Sub
'----------
Sub GetInfo()
Call ShowDriveInfo("E:\")
End Sub
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Jon"
wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there any way to get the title of a cd and paste it into a cell?

For example, I want to be able to insert a disc into my cd-rom and run
a macro that looks at the cd and records its 'title'. Title being what
shows up in windows explorer next to the drive letter.