Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jskasango via OfficeKB.com Jskasango via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Macro copying info/data in multiple excel files into one summary file.

Hi Ron,

You are right. It is doing it. I will paste below a sample of how I have
achieved it but I am sure there must be a more professional and smooth way of
doing it. Thanks a million. My objective today is to get into cell in the
source file and copy only part of the contents.

This is how I modified the Sub FSO_Example_1():-

Set sourceRange = mybook.Worksheets(1).Range("A1:A1")
Set sourceRange2 = mybook.Worksheets(1).Range("H1:H1")
Set sourceRange3 = mybook.Worksheets(1).Range("V1:V1")

SourceRcount = sourceRange.Rows.Count
Set destrange = basebook.Worksheets(1).Range("AB" & rnum)
Set destrange2 = basebook.Worksheets(1).Range("F" & rnum)
Set destrange3 = basebook.Worksheets(1).Range("AD" & rnum)

I have just noticed that although it works, I forgot to mention Sourcerange3
at the top of the code, but it still worked!
Am I on the correct path? By tomoroww I want to be able to avoid duplicates
but I dont know how to do it.

Please have a very pleasant day.

Ron de Bruin wrote:
Can you give a example what you want

which are not necessarily next to each other,

The last link I posted is doing that

I have found Sub FSO_Example_1() (copy from excel files in folders and sub-
folders) extremely useful! BUT, now my problem is how to pick contents or

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]
label in each file) into one Excel file , each source file info going to one
row in the destination file.

--
I travel 3rd Class because there is no 4th Class- Gandhi.