Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Row Grouping

i use this in conditional formatting, i have dates starting in cell a3
=MOD(DAY(A3),2)=1

and

=MOD(MONTH(A3),2)=0

just set the formatting you want for each and apply it to the appropriate cells

--

Gary

"Justin Philips" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need a code that will scan through a sheet and color code rows based
on the first column. So basically all dates that are the same will be
one color. (Oct 25-red,Oct 26-blue...etc..etc)

I've tried doing this with a loop that matches cell Ax with Ax+1 and
for all those that match use a colorindex = y which increases. It does
work but it takes soooo long. I just need something that will read
column 1 and for all the same dates color those rows colorindex y, then
move to the next set of dates. I will have quite a few different dates
which is why i want to use colorindex as it can just increase as the
dates increase.

Thanks for you help!

Justin