David McRitchie

There was another part to your question.

I really have no idea what round tripping code would be in Excel
having obtained the content from HTML and that HTML from
who knows where. Since I can't see it, I can't tell you.
I can see the mess of HTML created from Excel, and even
worse as in Chip Pearson's list of shortcuts where data
came from Excel was pasted into Front Page and then
made into HTML you can see the file sizes on my xl2html.htm page.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2html.htm
but there's not much you can do about it if you go that route.

---
HTH,