Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Macro - Loop or Next

Hi Rashid,

From VBA help:
'==============================
Find Method Example

This example finds all cells in the range A1:A500 on worksheet one that
contain the value 2, and then it makes those cells gray.

With Worksheets(1).Range("a1:a500")
Set c = .Find(2, lookin:=xlValues)
If Not c Is Nothing Then
firstAddress = c.Address
Do
c.Interior.Pattern = xlPatternGray50
Set c = .FindNext(c)
Loop While Not c Is Nothing And c.Address < firstAddress
End If
End With
'==============================

---
Regards,
Norman

"Rashid" wrote in message
.. .
I am a new to Excel VBA and trying write a macro for find a specific word
in a range. If the specific word is found change the colour.

My problem is how to get a loop going ?? here is my code PLEASE HELP

Sub colour()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Range("A:A").Select

Selection.find(What:="summary", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
_
MatchCase:=False).Activate
ActiveCell.Select
ActiveCell.Font.Bold = True