Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
brain[_3_] brain[_3_] is offline

Default Function exists prematurely

Nick and Bob, thanks for your time and comments.

Looking over the comments that you have both made it occurs to me that
columns is a bad variable name as it is used for other things as well.
I will make a very simple example with a different variable name and
check if it works.

In my spreadsheet, I have a row of dates. Under each date, is a column
of data. What I want to do is:
1) Delete the right most column from the range
2) Shift all of the columns over by one
3) Insert a new date on the left side

Bob Phillips Wrote:
I don't think that is it, at least it is not in my testing. The code
defines
a variable called columns. Now that may not be a practice that you or
would endorse, but it does seem to 'work' as he thinks. It certainly
wouldn't hurt though if he changed the name and tried again.

--
brain
brain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32991