Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Can I assign a macro to an autoshape using VBA?

Here is one I use to name the shapes from a list of shapes in col A and the
name in col B
Should be easy to modify

Sub NameShapes()
Sheets("checks").Select
For Each c In [setup!a4:a15]
ActiveSheet.Shapes(c).TextFrame. _
Characters.Text = c.Offset(0, 1)
Next c

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"madbloke" wrote in
message ...

Basically, I've got some code which dynamically generates macros based
on the amount of autoshapes on my worksheet - what I now need to do is
get the code to assign these macros to the autoshapes - I've tried
recording a macro and then assigning the macros manually, but all this
comes up with is

ActiveSheet.Shapes("shape").select
Selection.OnAction = "whateversub"

The autoshapes all have the same name, but a different number (I'm
using a variable to go through them 1 by 1, so I've amended it to
'ActiveSheet.Shapes("shape" & a).select')

This doesn't seem to do the trick, though.

Any ideas?

--
madbloke
madbloke's Profile: