Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
beboppin beboppin is offline

Default Relatively simple problem (I hope)

Hey guys. I apologize if this problem seems almost too simple to be
posted but unfortunately I am working under tight deadlines and would
like to tap into your expertise. :)

All I'm trying to do is go down a column and every time my macro finds
a non-empty cell, it will copy the cell's contents. The macro will then
look below to the next cell, and if this next cell is blank, the macro
will paste what was copied. It will then look below to the next cell
and if it is blank, it will paste again, and so on. If however it finds
another non-empty cell, it will copy the contents of that cell, and
repeat this process until a designated row (such as row 1000 for
example) is reached.

Do you guys know how I could go about doing this? And is there a way to
paste the copied data into the empty cells without 'referencing?'
Meaning, for example, if I copy the contents of A1 into A2, if I then
delete A1, I don't wish for A2 to give me any #REF errors.

Thank you!

--
beboppin
beboppin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32917