Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default Menu Title code is where?

Nevermind, I found the hidden sheet! Thank you both.

"Greg Wilson" wrote in message
When you say that the menu item with the misspelled caption is specific to
the particular spreadsheet and is on the Worksheet Menu Bar, then this
seems
to suggest that it is created programmatically on workbook open and
deleted
on close (and/or is set to Temporary). If so, then such code is usually
called with the Workbook_Open event (ThisWorkbook module) or
Workbook_Activate event or with an Auto_Open macro (standard module). The
code may be contained in the above or it may be an ouside procedure that
is
called.

If the above is correct, then I suggest that you simply do a search for
the
misspelled caption from the VBE using the Find utility. Activate any code
module and then click the binocular icon (Find) on the VBE's Standard
toolbar. Ensure that the Current Project search option is selected.

If the menu item is can be seen on the Worksheet Menu Bar when any
workbook
is open, then either of the following will work if the menu item will not
be
recreated programmatically:

Manual method:
1. Right click the Worksheet Menu Bar
2. Select Customize
3. Select the Commands tab (if not already active)
4. Click the menu item you want to change
5. Click the Modify Selection button
6. Type the corrected caption into the dialog's Name field.

Programmatic method:
Paste this to a standard code module and run. Change the captions to the
appropriate text:

Sub ChangeCaption()
With Application.CommandBars(1)
.Controls("Mispelled").Caption = "Misspelled"
End With

Greg

" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that has a menu bar item (on the same line with
File, Edit, View etc. ) that is mispelled. I can't find that menu bar
code.
I can find the
macros that it points to, but where is the code for the menu bar itself?
Help?