Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Compare String in Cell to an Array

Use the Find (case sensitive) or Search functions (case insensitive). These
are worksheet functions. See Excel help for details.

Tom Ogilvy

"jbtenor1" wrote:

I am wanting to take a string in a cell containing multiple data elements to
an array and have the data in the cell either trimmed or to highlight the
element that is matched in the array.

Example:

Cell B2 contains:
MROMANO | MTELLIG | JGURECK | MWOLK | LGAZDA | GVANBUH | CSHOAF | STILLER |
RVERBIC | DSTEPHE | BLANGLI

Cells AA2:AA10 contain the array for comparison.

I am not sure where to proceed from here since this appears a bit complex
from the onset. Thanks in advance for any insights.