Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
erikhs[_3_] erikhs[_3_] is offline

Default VBA lookup into large database

Sorry that i have not replied to your suggestions before now.

I will be more specific and post chunck of code.
I receive from the sender, in this case a financial institution, a list
of securities each identified by a code, that can either be a known
standard or an inhouse code. For this list of securities i compare the
codes to the codes i have in the database that are standardized, with
the lookup function. The code could be: USD100100200. Sorting the
datbase would be unpractical as i need to be able to determine the
excactly which securities have been entered when.

Here is the extract:

...Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Range("m2", Range("m2").End(xlDown)).Name = "MyRange1"
Range("MyRange1") =
"=VLOOKUP(RC[-1],'[-------database.xls]---BONDS'!C2:C5,3,FALSE)"
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Thank you again for your time