Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sean Sean is offline

Default Add control to right click menu when something is on the clipboard

I am must be blind, indeed, it seems that the item is there. Thanks you for
taking the time to try my code and respond.

Much appreciated.

Sean

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
I couldn't reproduce it. I range you code and right clicked and the menu
item
was there. I copied a range to the clipboard and then selected a cell
and
right clicked on it and the menu item was there. I went to Outlook and
copied some text to the clipboard, selected a cell and right clicked and
the
menu item was there.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sean" wrote:

Hi,

I have managed to add an control to my right click menu. The problem is
that
when have something on my clipboard a right click gives me a different
menu.
Any tips on how to add an item to that menu would be appreciated.

I am using the following code to add an item to the regular right click
menu.

Option Explicit
Public RtClkMenu As CommandBarButton
Sub CreateRtClkMenu()
Set RtClkMenu = CommandBars("Cell").Controls.Add _
(Type:=msoControlButton, befo=5)
With RtClkMenu
.Caption = "Your button Title"
.FaceId = 321
.OnAction = "Sub to be called"
.BeginGroup = True
End With
End Sub

I have tried:
Set RtClkMenu = CommandBars("Paste Special Dropdown").Controls.Add _
(Type:=msoControlButton, befo=5)
But have no idea where this is being added to, it is not added to my
right
click on a cell when there is something on the clipboard.

Command bar 117 is called Clipboard but is listed as a toolbar and not a
shortcut.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sean