Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default RowSource in Property Dialog

Geoff,
Are you doing this in VBA or in the properties table of the
combobox1 - I was assuming the latter? If so, my previous options should work.

If it is in VBA:

ComboBox1.RowSource = "Sheet1! a1: a5"

ComboBox1.RowSource = "MyData"

HTH

"Geoff" wrote:

Hi

I have tried:
Sheet3!C1:C10
Sheets("Sheet3").Range("C1").CurrentRegion.Offset( 1, 0)
Sheets(3).Range("C1").CurrentRegion.Offset(1, 0)
ThisWorkBook.Sheets(3).Range("C1").CurrentRegion.O ffset(1, 0)
None are accepted.

????

Geoff

"Toppers" wrote:

1. ROWSOURCE Sheet3!A1:A10 will set to to A1:A10 from Sheet3.

If the above data is a named range (say "MyData") then set RowSource to
"MyData" (no quotes) (at least in XL2003)

Once Rowsource is set it cannot be changed by Userform_Initialise.

2. I don't think one is more correct than the other.

XL2003

HTH

"Geoff" wrote:

I use the following to populate a combobox on a form - Data is not bound.

Private driver() as String, tbl as Range, i as Integer

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Set tbl = Sheets(3).Range("C1").CurrentRegion.Offset(1, 0)
ReDim driver(0 To tbl.Rows.Count - 2)
For i = 0 To tbl.Rows.Count - 2
driver(i) = Sheets(3).Cells(i + 2, 3)
Next i
cboDriver.List() = driver
End Sub

1. I would like to set the RowSource property in Properties but cannot find
the right syntax. What should this be?

2. Which way is 'more correct', setting this from the Properties Dialog or
in the Initialize Event?

Geoff