Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
brownl brownl is offline

Default Simple Macro

Hello,
I am a beginner with macros, so please bear with me. I need to write a
simple macro for a sheet in order to simplify a repetitive task. I have
2 columns, each with a dollar amount that gets added to a new cell each
day by one user. At another point in the day, a different user
accesses the sheet and needs to add an amount to one column and then
have that amount subtracted from the column that the first user
entered. She goes in and does this manually multiple times a day every
day. I tried to record a macro to do it but it I can't get it to do
what I want. So I tried to edit the macro to my needs an it spits out
an error which I'm sure is due to my lack of VB knowledge. Here is the
recorded macro:
Sub Macro4()
'
' Macro4 Macro
' Macro recorded 3/21/2006 by simoro
'

'
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=35246.15-RC[1]"
Range("E25").Select
End Sub
Obviously it's very simple. Can anyone help?

--
brownl
brownl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32800