Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bill Martin[_2_] Bill Martin[_2_] is offline

Default Limit CPU Usage

That has possibilities Vic. I have various levels of nested loops and I'll
find the one to put this into that balances responsiveness. Thanks.

Bill
-----------------------
"Vic Eldridge" wrote in message
Hi Bill,

Try calling the DoEvents function throughout your code. If you have a loop
that's running millions of times, stick a DoEvents inside that loop.

Regards,
Vic Eldridge

"Bill Martin" wrote:

I'm not sure if this is a VBA question, an Excel question, or an XP
question, but is there a way to limit how much CPU Excel burns?

I've written a macro that will endlessly run a Monte Carlo solution.
Normally I run it overnight and all is well. Sometimes however I run it
during the day, particularly if I'm tinkering with the code and want to
run
it in the background to watch how it performs. When I do this it pegs
CPU
usage at 100% and makes everything else on the machine painfully
sluggish.

Is there some way to cut back on how much CPU Excel consumes? Ideally
I'd
like my VBA routine to periodically sample CPU usage and adjust what
Excel
consumes. Alternatively, is there someway I can manually adjust it?

Thanks.

Bill