Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default Paste All but Hidden Data?

Hi ....,

To eliminate hidden rows when copying, you can use the keyword shortcut
Ctrl+A to select all cells (slam the keys again if using Excel 2003)
Alt+; (semi-colon) to select visible cells
Ctrl+C to copy the selection
select new sheet
Ctrl+V to paste the selection (without the hidden rows)

If you still need a macro, see what happens if you do the above while recording
a macro.

BTW,
If you used a Filter you would only be copying the rows that are unfiltered.
---
HTH,

"sefus12" wrote in message

I've been trying to write a macro to copy and paste data from a column
in one spreadsheet over to a column in another spreadsheet. The
problem is that the first spreadsheet has several hidden rows of data
that I do not need in the second spreadsheet scattered within. Is
there a way to copy and paste just the data that is not hidden? Any
help would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
sefus12
sefus12's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32755