Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Variable Range

Try this

Say, as an example, I have a single cell selected and it is e9. Now what
command would I use so that such and such a range is selected after I run
the command

or

how would I get the actual row in
ActiveCell.Range("A1:A300")

a: ActiveCell.Row + 300 - 1

or whatever you question actually is.

Tom Ogilvy

"Dave" wrote:

Sorry for not being clear. I want the row, column range in:
"ActiveCell.Range("A1:A300").Select" to be based on "Selection.Rows.Count"

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Selection.rows.count means that area is already selected. If you want to
expand the selection

selection.Resize(selection.rows.count,10).select
to expand to 10 columns same number of rows, or the simple

Selection.Resize(,10).Select

Tom Ogilvy

"Dave" wrote:

How can the following range statment: "ActiveCell.Range("A1:A300").Select" be
written for a varialble range based on "Selection.Rows.Count" ?

Thank you
dave