Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default deleting rows messing up sums

Hi ......,

Without the formulas that you are using and an example of what happens
I expect that you are talking about problems with a running balance
being dependent on the previous row which got deleted or missed
an inserted row in the running balance. If that is the case you want
to use OFFSET see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/offset.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm

This would also apply the the final total, if you delete the row before
the total or insert a row immediately before the total.
---
HTH,

"pywhacket" wrote in message ...
I have a worksheet that uses macros to pull data from other sheets within the
workbook. One of the macros deletes any rows with a zero value after the data
is pulled in - the number of rows varies each time. I need to subtotal and
then total the $$ amount from three sections after the macros have run. The
sum formulas that I have on the sheet get messed up each time. How do I
resolve this?

Thanks!